The City of Wayne is accepting applications to establish a Police Officer eligibility list. Applicants must conform to employment standards as set by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (M.C.O.L.E.S.).
APPLICANTS MUST (at the time of submitting application)
a. Provide copy of your valid driver's license (with no more than 3 current points on driving record;
b. Provide copy of certificate of successful completion of the M.C.O.L.E.S. Pre-employment Physical Agility and Reading Writing Skills Test;
c. Provide a current M.C.O.L.E.S. certification (as certified or certifiable).
d. Must take EMPCO test prior to application closing date to be considered for employment.
Applicants must maintain M.C.O.L.E.S. certification for the duration of the hiring process. Must possess good moral character as determined by a favorable background investigation covering school, employment records home environment and personal traits and integrity. Applications must be picked up in the City of Wayne City Hall, 3355 S. Wayne Rd., Wayne, MI 48184. An application form is also available on our website: http://cityofwayne.com/pdfs/employapp.pdf
Applications must be completed in its entirety and on file in the Personnel Department until position filled. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. No resumes will be accepted without written application form.
The City of Wayne does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
CITY OF WAYNE POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICE SERVICE AIDE (PSA)
Pay Rate: $12.00/Hr (Part Time/Up to 28 hours per week)
· Answer non-emergency phone calls for the Wayne Police Department and the Garden
City Police Department.
· Enter non-emergency Calls-for-Service into the CAD system.
· Assist Police Officers and Police Supervisors with minor clerical responsibilities.
· Write reports.
· Monitor prisoners on a closed circuit video system.
· Collect money for prisoner bonds, impounded vehicles and other monetary fees.
· File a properly completed application, which is acceptable to the City of Wayne, and
provide satisfactory responses to requests for additional information.
· Citizen of the United States.
· Be at least eighteen (18) years old.
· Possess a high school diploma or a valid equivalency certificate.
· Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
· Have no more than two (2) hazardous traffic violations in the preceding five years, or a
total of no more than four (4) points on or after the date of application. The accident
history, regardless of fault, will be considered in the appraisal of the applicant’s overall
driving skills and, therefore, eligibility.
· Have no prior felony convictions.
· Any misdemeanor charges and convictions will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis to
determine eligibility of the applicant.
· Pass a drug test.
Hiring Process for the Police Service Aide:
· During the announced application period, candidates shall complete the City of Wayne
· The application must be completed in its entirety and returned to the City of Wayne
Personnel Department prior to the published deadline.
· Pass an Oral Review Board.
· Pass a Background Investigation.
· Interview with the Chief of Police or his designee.
· Conditional Offer of employment pending drug screening.
· Appointment to position.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Applications are available at the City of Wayne City Hall, 3355 South Wayne Road or on this website; http://cityofwayne.com/pdfs/employapp.pdf No resumes will be accepted without written application form. The City of Wayne is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
The City of Wayne is currently accepting applications for the purpose of establishing a Fire Fighter eligibility list. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States, (Birth Certificate or Naturalization Papers required at time of application). High school diploma or GED (presented with applications); Minimum qualifications include State of Michigan Advanced Life Support/Paramedic license within a year of hire, and successful completion of Fire Fighter I and II Firemanship Courses and Conference of Western Wayne (C.W.W.) Written and Physical Agility Testing. Proof of all the above must be submitted with application. Possession of current, valid Michigan driver’s license and an excellent driving record with no more than three (3) point on current driving record.
Applications are available at the City Clerk counter, 3355 S. Wayne Rd. Wayne MI 48184 o at our web site: http://cityofwayne.com/pdfs/employapp.pdf Application must be completed in its entirety and on file in the Personnel Department No resumes will be accepted without written application form. Applications will be accepted until position is filled Applications after deadline will not be considered.
The City of Wayne is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.